Welcome to my personal blog. I am interested in many things, but will cover only a few here. I will say some things you won’t like. Too bad. Don’t read this if you don’t like it.
The title is a throwback to the sixties, “Peace, Love and Rock’n'Roll!”
The U.S. needs major health care reform, including a strong public option.
Eight ways in which President Obama’s health care reform plan provides security and stability to those with or without coverage.
- Ends Discrimination for Pre-Existing Conditions: Insurance companies will be prohibited from refusing you coverage because of your medical history.
- Ends Exorbitant Out-of-Pocket Expenses, Deductibles or Co-Pays: Insurance companies will have to abide by yearly caps on how much they can charge for out-of-pocket expenses.
- Ends Cost-Sharing for Preventive Care: Insurance companies must fully cover, without charge, regular checkups and tests that help you prevent illness, such as mammograms or eye and foot exams for diabetics.
- Ends Dropping of Coverage for Seriously Ill: Insurance companies will be prohibited from dropping or watering down insurance coverage for those who become seriously ill.
- Ends Gender Discrimination: Insurance companies will be prohibited from charging you more because of your gender.
- Ends Annual or Lifetime Caps on Coverage: Insurance companies will be prevented from placing annual or lifetime caps on the coverage you receive.
- Extends Coverage for Young Adults: Children would continue to be eligible for family coverage through the age of 26.
- Guarantees Insurance Renewal: Insurance companies will be required to renew any policy as long as the policyholder pays their premium in full. Insurance companies won’t be allowed to refuse renewal because someone became sick.
Learn more and get details: http://www.WhiteHouse.gov/health-insurance-consumer-protections/
There is much to be concerned about in the environment these days. Pollution, energy conservation, and alternative energy forms all are important. One of my contributions is my Toyota Prius which at the time of this writing was giving me a 52.5 MPG performance. Read more about my Prius.
Linux is a robust, stable operating system that is suitable for servers and desktops. I use it on all of my computers except one on which I still have OS/2.
What can I say. See the Peace link for more.