All three volumes of my Linux self-study series of books, Using and Administering Linux – Zero to SysAdmin, are available in multiple formats. In addition to soft-cover hard-copy (sounds like an oxymoron, doesn’t it?), they can be purchased in Kindle format from Amazon. They can also be purchased in soft-cover and multiple electronic formats from Apress, the publisher.
The three electronic formats are:
- mobi – This is Kindle format
- epub – for other e-readers
All of these electronic formats can be used on your Linux or Windows computer with good e-reader software. The best PC e-reader I have found is Calibre which is available for multiple operating systems including both Linux and Windows. Calibre works with all three of the listed electronic formats as well as others, and it renders all versions very accurately. Calibre is open source, and free of charge.
I like Okular for a PDF reader but it does not render the other ebook formats nearly as well as Calibre.
So, if you want the ebook version of any of my books, my suggestion is to purchase the ebooks from Apress because you get PDF and epub formats for the price of one. Then copy the appropriate version(s) to your e-reader and use any of the versions on your PC with Calibre.
Purchase these volumes from Apress at the following links:
- Using and Administering Linux: Volume 1 – Zero to SysAdmin: Getting Started – In hard copy, PDF, and epub formats.
- Using and Administering Linux: Volume 2 – Zero to SysAdmin: Advanced Topics – In hard copy, PDF, and epub formats.
- Using and Administering Linux: Volume 3 – Zero to SysAdmin: Network Services – Available in hard-copy, PDF, and epub formats.